To ensure the safety of your home, an alarm monitoring service is an ideal solution
Alarm monitoring simply means that a central station facility monitors the security of your home or business for specific situations, such as burglaries, robberies, fires or other emergencies and then makes an appropriate response. Central monitoring stations use specialized equipment, photo-cameras, computers, software and trained staff to monitor their customers' security systems. In the event security is breached, an alarm signal is triggered, your control panel registers an emergency event and sends a signal to the central monitoring station. The operator then typically calls the property phone number and then a mobile number on the emergency call information; if there is an answer, the operator confirms that everything is okay and asks for a password. If no one answers or the incorrect password is given, the operator dispatches the appropriate authorities.
The Central Monitoring Station may also provide watchman and supervisory services.
Alarm Monitoring is an option that brings more peace of mind than regular security alarm whose role is only deterrent: moreover, it is only triggered when the intruder is already inside the home or location.
Alarm monitoring - avoid unpleasant surprises
Everyone wants to secure his home or his business against the risk of burglary, vandalism or fire.
Many individuals and professionals rely on mechanical security systems which they believe to be sufficient to deter intruders: locks, security doors, "mean dog" signs. But these are unfortunately not infallible.
Remote monitoring systems, equipped with alarms and connected to a central monitoring station are very effective ways to scare off intruders or to simply stop them from commiting their crimes.
Remote monitoring - Ideal for isolated dwellings
Simple alarms serve to deter burglars (once they have entered the property) because they warn neighbors of their presence.
In case of isolated dwellings or businesses, there are no neighbors: the alarm can still sound, but there is no one to warn.
For isolated properties, remote monitoring is a strongly recommended as it notifies the monitoring company of any wrong doing and proper actions can be immediately taken.
Remote monitoring: the safety of your loved ones
Monitored alarm systems deliver something which is almost priceless: security and peace of mind for the elderly or infirm, and their loved one's.
In the case of injury or an accident, assistance comes from a highly trained, telephone response team on hand 24/7. These key aspects of alarm monitored services are invaluable, allowing the elderly or infirm to continue to live independently and enjoy a good quality of life.
Burglary: A common problem
A burglary is always experienced by the victim as a violation of his privacy.
In addition to causing loss and damage, burglary often has psychological consequences because victims often continue to live in fear of another possible intrusion.
Remote monitoring can avoid this inconvenience by preventing the intrusion of burglars:
- Siren alarm sounds often deters the burglar
- The monitoring center is immediately alerted - the operator then typically calls the property phone number
- Someone must respond and confirm that everything is okay and with a password.
- If no one answers or the incorrect password is given, the operator dispatches the appropriate authorities immediately.
Remote alarm monitoring - more effective than regular alarms against burglary
Simple alarms deter by making noise, however it doesn't warn anybody. Remote monitoring, on the contrary, immediately alerts a monitoring center which then can:
- Warn the owner of the premises;
- Notify the police if there was tampering;
- Ensure the guarding of the premises (depending on the contract);
- Perform certain repairs especially closing exits (depending on the contract).
Remote monitoring system - your home is monitored remotely
To benefit from remote monitoring, the beneficiary signs a contract with a security company and pays them a monthly subscription.
If a crime occurs, such as a burglary or the sensors detect smoke (fire), an alert is sent to the monitoring station via telephone transmitter triggered by the alarm.
The alarm monitoring company carries out the instructions outlined in the monitoring contract:
- doubt removal: an agent calls the phone's home or business premises;
- to overturn the reported problem, a person must answer the call and provide a password: if provided, the procedure is canceled;
- if the phone is busy, no one answers or the password is invalid, the procedure is initiated:
- the center contacts the person mentioned in the contract to indicate their problem;
- if the procedure has been initiated: a security officer is dispatched to check;
- if the problem is confirmed (fire, burglary ...) he then contacts the relevant authorities.